Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, sorry I'm new to all these pigeon stuff. I bought a pair of pigeons from a pet store in Australia and I was wondering what type of pigeons they are? And also can you tell who is the male and female because I still don't know who is what lol...

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
They are very nice pigeons you have there...

To be honest, I deal with mixed pigeons all the time. All my pigeons are homers but, you can tell with some that they are mixed with other types of birds too.

Yours seem to be a mixture of fancy pigeons. As you can see they have the fluffy feet but a regular dove head.

If they are not mixed breeds, bare with me.. I am not the best bird identifier.

As of gender, they both look like female to me right now. Overall, with homing pigeons, males are bulkier and bigger with their neck up to their heads. Female homers usually are less bulky and thinner looking from neck to head.

If your pigeons are still young, it might take a while for you to identify their gender.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
They look like some sort of performing breed to me,could be a high flying breed. Tumbler mixed with some other high flying breed or may be some tumbler sub breed.
If its a pair then bird in first pic is female and that's makes the 2nd one male,I think.

Oh boy! They look awesomely cute!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts