Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy holidays to all.... ok
I have a question for all the racer handlers. In 2005 was my first race I got out of racing at the end of that year. We had an old clock that broke in the middle of the season my question is. I got the parents that bird all these birds for me http://ndb.phpwebhosting.com/race_reports.php?Org=Polk RPC&DateRace=0&season=2005yb Spanish fly loft. They all clocked in at the same time flew as a group i guess. Should I expect the same quality or that has nothing to do with it? I also got some of those birds back should i breed them to there parents or what?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You never know if birds are all going to come in on the drop like that. There is too many factors to say if it will happen. What I think may have helped this happen is because.

1. You had 20 percent of the birds in the race going to your loft.
2. It was a nice day no head winds.
3. It was a short race.

I think as people have harder and longer races with them have less percentage of birds in the race you will see less large drops.

Now does this have anything to do with the quality of the birds? I don't think it does, maybe others will think so. I think you have birds that will do well for you cause they did well for you in that race. The more races you put your birds in then you will really see what you got. Good Luck

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
happy holidays to all.... ok
I have a question for all the racer handlers. In 2005 was my first race I got out of racing at the end of that year. We had an old clock that broke in the middle of the season my question is. I got the parents that bird all these birds for me http://ndb.phpwebhosting.com/race_reports.php?Org=Polk RPC&DateRace=0&season=2005yb Spanish fly loft. They all clocked in at the same time flew as a group i guess. Should I expect the same quality or that has nothing to do with it? I also got some of those birds back should i breed them to there parents or what?
I don't know if one particular race can really tell you anything. Especially if it turned out to be like a 150 mile training toss. There are so many factors that come into play when looking at a club race, that by itself it may mean very little. This could be true even if you had come in last place. Even a great 2005 season, may mean very little when you face the 2009 YB season. The 2009 YB's for one thing, will not know that you had a good or poor year in 2005. :p

As far as "should you breed them to their parents" ? Would need a whole lot more information to even offer a guess on that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts