Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
It is out of a Almond Cock/Kite Hen. Dave
Well this is easy and I will quote from the book "BREEDING AND INHERITANCE IN PIGEONS" by Axel Sell..... Almond cock x Kite hen:One quarter of the progeny will be Almond with a fine ground color (being impure for recessive red),one eight will be Almond with a poor ground color(lacking the trait for recessive red). One eight will be DeRoy,one quarter Kites with a rich bronze, one eight with poor bronze,and one eight will be Agates.Some of the Agates may show whitesides in mature plumage If the Kite hen is poor bronze and or the Almond cock is lacking recessive red too,we will not get DeRoy and Agates Thus about 50% will be Almond and 50% Kites. In all different colorations we will get both sexes." end of quote............So I feel that you have one ALMOND here and the other is KITE with poor bronze. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi Dave

It is out of a Almond Cock/Kite Hen. Dave
I think your almond cock is ash red almond and you have an almond and an ash red youngster. I don't see kite but that doesn't mean that it isn't there. Kite is just a bronze and kite birds are normally t pattern blues with bronze, the preferred mate for classic almond breeding. The reddish baby looks to be ash red, maybe with sooty factor or other modifiers but an ash red bird. Kite bronze can carry over into many other colors but birds that are referred to as kites are normally the t pattern blue variety. The kite bronze normally shows in the flight feathers when wings are spread and can spread into the shield or even further.

Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.