Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my ringneck for 6 days. Tonight I noticed him breathing heavy with a popping sound coming from around his chest. But that's only after he flies away from me. Before today he was calm and would rarely fly away or get anywhere near overwhelmed when I pick him up. He doesn't breathe with his mouth open, no mucus or anything around the beak, and there's no wheezing. He kinda makes a wheezing sound between coos but not all the time and I figure that's normal. He eats normally and there's nothing visibly wrong with him. He does have a little weird spiky patch on his neck but thats just molting right? I always keep his water clean and his poop is dark green/black and white. I have heard a little honk hear and there probably two or three times this week. So what's the cause of this popping sound? Is that normal? And how can I treat it? Also, I dont know what normal breathing looks like so if someone can post a vid that would be great!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just checked him and now it seems like he's breathing heavy :(:(:( no wheezing or clicking noise and his beaks closed. his whole body moves when he breathes and looks like he's breathing kinda fast. I'm not too sure about how they breathe normally though. Please please help!!

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
From what you said about this popping/clicking when he breathes, and wheezing, etc. the dove is sick. Sounds like some form of respiratory illness, but he does need to go to a vet. It would not be useful for somebody to attempt to give you an accurate answer over the web. Whatever, you will probably need to get medicines from a vet anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts