Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my initial post I've been observing for a little but can seem to find a quick answer to my question, so forgive me if I sound stupid. Back in the end of December I bought several pigeons and more since them I had them in one coop until about a week ago when I moved to a new coop few feet away. In december I bough 3 regular graybar homers 2hens 1cock since then I bought 2 pairs of white homers a mated pair indian fantail and a mated pair of american fantails. My question is that the graybar homer cock continuasly fights with the graybar hens and seems to have no intrest in mating with them, should I be more patient or mate them in a saparate cage, thanks.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Are you sure they are 2 females and 1 male?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
That isn't always accurate. I hope you're right in what you think they are. Had they been mated up before?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Does the cocks in the white homer and fantails ever express an interest around the 2 graybar hens ?

When I bring in new pigeons of which the sex is not known yet, I use the trial and error method. I lock up all pigeons in their nest boxes and let the new one and a cock out alone, then the new one and a hen alone. When repeatedly checked with different sets of cocks and hens, its possible to determine the sex of the new one fairly accurate. Its a little difficult if they are less than 5 - 6 months though.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Does the cocks in the white homer and fantails ever express an interest around the 2 graybar hens ?

When I bring in new pigeons of which the sex is not known yet, I use the trial and error method. I lock up all pigeons in their nest boxes and let the new one and a cock out alone, then the new one and a hen alone. When repeatedly checked with different sets of cocks and hens, its possible to determine the sex of the new one fairly accurate. Its a little difficult if they are less than 5 - 6 months though.
What a good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts