Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering where all the hawks in my area went??? I am so psyched that my birds can just play around now. Its either they've migrated or they are just not hungry for pigeons because they have other prey, but I have not spotted a single hawk for over three weeks, so it may be possible that they all have flown away to a breeding area. I've been flying my birds for the past week and have not had a single sighting of a hawk. I love that calm feeling when you see your birds tear up the sky. It is finally in the sixties here now, and the trees are just beginning to bud. Spring was defiantly really late this year;(, and I hope summer will stay like a month later this year.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i live in SE Michigan and during the first quarter of the year have bop's eveywhere. Most of them left once the ice broke on my river except the eagles now and then and the peregrin's that fly by but ive only seen them wih fish. Pretty sure they migrate or spread out once it warms up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think every hawk that was in your area is now in mine...The hawks migrate south of here for the winter but they are back in full force. I have a sparrow hawk visit or do a fly by everyday now and tons of red tailed hawks around too. Its nice for us in the winter up here in Alberta Canada as there are no hawks in the winter, so it is fairly safe to fly on a nice clear day. Different story now. Lost one bird already. Oh well its all part of it...But I dont have to like it. I'm glad though that you guys and gals are getting a bit of a break from the BOP's

Regards
Hank

·
Registered
225 Posts
That is something that bothers me. We have redtail hawks that nest on dad's farm. They carried off a small dog 2 years ago.(Paris Hilton size). These things never leave.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Never mind guys, a coopers hawk just attacked my birds twice today:(, how ironic. Everyone escaped and it was all good. guess they did not all migrate. Less sightings though

·
Registered
594 Posts
Sounds like you live in Connecticut. That is pretty much what is going on around here now. Maybe next week it will be safe to let young birds out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts