Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyy! I’m looking to get a pigeon but I have been unable to find a rescue or a good breeder who has pigeons, if anyone knows any good places? I don’t care too much about the breed, however I’m extra interested in getting a lahore pigeon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey! I wish you the best of luck finding a local nearby breeder. I live on the East Coast and it was very hard for me to find local/nearby breeders around me to find good quality pigeons so I had to take it to online (facebook) and I managed to get 4 Old German Owl's shipped from California (in less then 24 hours!!) From what I heard Lahore pigeons are hard to find locally nowadays. But I wish you the best of luck!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey! I wish you the best of luck finding a local nearby breeder. I live on the East Coast and it was very hard for me to find local/nearby breeders around me to find good quality pigeons so I had to take it to online (facebook) and I managed to get 4 Old German Owl's shipped from California (in less then 24 hours!!) From what I heard Lahore pigeons are hard to find locally nowadays. But I wish you the best of luck!!
Thank you! Shipping birds has been something I’ve been nervous to do but I hear it’s pretty safe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having the same issue in Vancouver! I've found breeders but none that I feel comfortable with. I've managed to find a couple good ones who have Ringnecked Doves and a lady out on Vancouver Island with Diamond Doves.

I've got two pigeons, one I found injured and I couldn't just leave him, another I got as an egg from a friend who was doing a roofing job and had to destroy the nest. Instead of the obvious fate he would of had my friend gave me a call and asked if I could do anything with it.

For the record, to anyone who may give me grief for interfering in the course of nature. My window is always open, now that the older one is able to fly again he comes and goes as he pleases. I took him in because he had a hole in his wing and he did not have long left because already seagulls had spotted him and periodicly kept giving him blows with their beaks. I think I did what any person with a shred of empathy would or should of done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts