Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have looked at a lot of places on the web,and WOW they are expensive.i want to start taking my pigeon out with me,but he poops all over me,anyone know where i can buy a cheap one,nothing fancy....thanks all

·
Registered
822 Posts
i have looked at a lot of places on the web,and WOW they are expensive.i want to start taking my pigeon out with me,but he poops all over me,anyone know where i can buy a cheap one,nothing fancy....thanks all
All "novelty pet items" are incredibly expensive!! I have seen them at run-of-the-mill pet shops but have no idea what the price was. I'd be surprised, tho', if they were less than on-line.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I got Brooklyn's bird diaper here:

http://www.birddiaper.com/

I know they seem pricey, but you know what? They work, and they last. Had mine for 3 years. I've washed it plenty of times and it's held up. He doesn't wear it as much anymore, as he's pretty much potty trained (thank goodness), usually just wears it if he's being a brat and insisting on sleeping in the bed with me.

:D

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Actually, IN MY OPINION, the absolutely BEST place to purchase a pigeon diaper is through one of our own members, Boni. She started making her own diapers and I and others were "testers."

Since that time, her fame has grown and many have been soooo pleased with her work! Her diapers are less cumbersome than the Flight Suits and each diaper is CUSTOM made for your bird.

Before Boni came along, I decided to purchase a Flight Suit. Luckily, there is a bird store down the street and that's where I bought mine. I say, luckily, because I had to try a couple of larger sizes than the ones recommended for pigeons! Mr. Squeaks, apparently, was larger than your average pij!

You can even choose your diaper pattern!

Check out her web site at www.birdwearonline.org

If you go to "Testimonials," you will see my comments...

All the best!

Shi and Mr. Squeaks :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well said!

Actually, IN MY OPINION, the absolutely BEST place to purchase a pigeon diaper is through one of our own members, Boni. She started making her own diapers and I and others were "testers."
YES!!!! I 100% AGREEEEEEE!!! Go with Boni. Here is Willow in hers.... It is much less material than most... WE just LOVE ours!!!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I've heard nothing but praise for Boni's diapers. :D See if I can find the link somewhere. . .here we go: http://www.birdwearonline.com/index.html. Haven't had need for them yet, but when I do, that's where I'll go to. Thinking about having her do one for my parrot, who loves to sit on my head. . .which can get messy without a hat on. :rolleyes:

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
The diapers are a good idea, but if you are looki for suit, they have full jump suits at mills fleet farm.
Actually, the main reason we are so gung-ho Boni's design is for the comfort of the pigeon. A "suit" may be too much.

Also, the ease for us in "dressing" our birds with the least amount of stress to both.

Boni does not use nylon, only cotton. Her Vet said cotton was better and I have to agree. She does not use as much material as the conventional Flight Suit. In this case less is definitely more (better).

BUT, the bottom line is EACH diaper outfit is made to each bird's particular measurements, so there is no sending back and forth for a "right" size. "One" size does NOT fit all in a category.

As far as I know, ANY member who has ordered through Boni, has been tremendously pleased and so are their birds!

She has a beautiful web site and answers any and all questions!

To repeat: Squeaks and I definitely ENDORSE Boni's PGWear!!

Cheers

Shi and Squeaks :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
GREAT PICTURE, Jenn!! Willow looks STUNNING!!

Is that her "leash" on the side?

Many thanks for posting!!

Shi and Squeaks :)
Thanks!!! Yep~ That's her leash.... Usually she doesn't have it on when in the house ... Try to get her to model without it ... is a CHORE..:rolleyes:. lol...
I really love this suit because it is SO incrediably easy to get on and off... Genius!!!!!! :D

I have only had experience with this one, But I can say that this is made so that it can be taken apart by velcro and only the pant part washed not the harness... I wash ours in the sink with a little detergent and ring it dry... It usually is dry and ready to go in an hour...... BUT the most genius part is the disposable part that you can just change out after they use it... just toss it out and add a new one! I usually have to wash mine only about oncea month....Willow and Journey Love theirs! no fuss at all!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
before i read all these comments i already purchased from bird diaper.com,but i dont even know if it will fit,should be in soon,if it does not i will send it back and order from Bonis thanks all.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
before i read all these comments i already purchased from bird diaper.com,but i dont even know if it will fit,should be in soon,if it does not i will send it back and order from Bonis thanks all.
Sure hope your ordered diaper fits! I'm not saying you won't be happy with your purchase, just that I think you would be happier with Boni's. She also has reasonable prices.

Do let us know how things go!

Hugs and Scritches
Shi/Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/Woe :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.