Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been saving this question until I was more sure I would get to build my loft. Now I actually have to take my plans to the city planner and get a permit, so I need to decide where in my yard to put my loft.

I know I'm suppose to face the loft South or East if possible, right? Well, here's my backyard. The green area is the ideal area where I could put the loft. The back portion is heavy trees, but I couldn't put the loft there anyways since it's too close to the neighbors property line.

I have to put it in the back half of our yard because it has to be 50ft from the neighbors. So, what would you do?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, like at an angle across the back corner?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'd really like to face it SW, but I suppose that's a no-no.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have to face it SW, I just thought it'd take up less of the yard. That back corner has all my rose bushes, so I'd like to keep those out where folks can see them. The one thing about our backyard is that it's VERY protected, so the western exposure really isn't too bad. Plus, my loft will "hopefully" be fully insulated with heat lamps. :D My birds won't even know it's winter outside. LOL.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hate to be all girlie and complain about my rose bushes, but they're SO PURDY!! LOL. :D

Yes, maybe I should put a window on the south side. Good idea! Good thing I posted this here. You all ALWAYS get my thinking about things I wouldn't normally think about AND you always point out big problems too. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'll ask my builder and talk with the building permit guy. He may want the shed parallel to the back wall and not like the angle thing. We'll see...

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Cool fellow rose lovers!, I think it would look fine at an angle facing south on the same side as the garden in that back corner, those three bushes would be on the back wall. just a thought..:).. hope all goes through, sounds like it's gonna happen.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.