Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I am new to the forum. I work at a vet clinic and animal control brought us a white pigeon with blue splashes on the back. It has a yellow band with no writing on it. I don't know if this is a wild pigeon or someones pet. It seems very tired so we have given fluids and feeding and now its sleeping. I don't know much about pigeon breeds but is there one that has blue on it? It doesn't have any fancy feathering or posture that the show ones seem to have. Does a yellow band mean anything to anyone? I will post pictures tomorrow. Thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Pictures would definitely help! it colud be anything. GOOD Luck.

-Columba livia

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yup can't really tell anything without pictures, I've had rollers, highflyers, a couple more breeds that fit that description :)

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Hello there, I am new to the forum. I work at a vet clinic and animal control brought us a white pigeon with blue splashes on the back. It has a yellow band with no writing on it. I don't know if this is a wild pigeon or someones pet. It seems very tired so we have given fluids and feeding and now its sleeping. I don't know much about pigeon breeds but is there one that has blue on it? It doesn't have any fancy feathering or posture that the show ones seem to have. Does a yellow band mean anything to anyone? I will post pictures tomorrow. Thanks!
If it has a band on the leg, it belongs to somebody.
Possibly a wedding release bird that got lost and tired. Thank you for helping this bird!
And yes, a picture would be helpful. Also, where you are located? (in case there is a "wedding/funeral release" loft near you)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, sorry! forgot to include that in the last post. I am in Vienna, Va which is just outside of DC

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a beautiful pigeon! If you can't find where it belongs and need a forever home in Virginia let me know. My dad is looking for a few more for his outdoor flight. =)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
What a beautiful pigeon! If you can't find where it belongs and need a forever home in Virginia let me know. My dad is looking for a few more for his outdoor flight. =)
good idea, julz I gave you a visitor message on your profile page.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
the bird is from his area and I think he should be contacted before the bird finds a new home. let me know if you need his contact information. thanks

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
looks like an iranian or pakistani high flyer as I had the exact same colouring pigeons not long ago. And the way the blue colour looks on the pigeon it sure looks like it belongs to the person you said :)

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Here is a picture:

Hi Cromubo, The bird you have pictured here is a white grizzle (color) the light blue color that you see is a color dye that some people use to id birds in their flying kits, the bird is a high flyer of some type. The web site that was posted if its your area may well be where this bird came from GEORGE;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the replys everyone! I sent a PM to Kaftardoost re: Mr. Shokohis. If its his bird then I can get it back to him easily! I also posted a message on the National Pigeon Registry so if it isn't claimed I will be finding it a new home. I'll let you all know. Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts