Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 7 new hatching babies :cool: .. well their now about 4 days old and one of them is bold..? 6 of the seven are all yellow and fluffy and this one has hardly any hair and certanly not yellow if any at all?

whats this mean?:confused:

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
i have 7 new hatching babies :cool: .. well their now about 4 days old and one of them is bold..? 6 of the seven are all yellow and fluffy and this one has hardly any hair and certanly not yellow if any at all?

whats this mean?:confused:
I don't know gentics, but seems like someone else here had a naked chick, it has to do with ...I don't remember:rolleyes:, but it got its feathers in when it should have, I think it was a white bird.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
It could be dilute. What color are the parents? Do you have pictures?
If I'm not mistaken, I think almond birds may also have shorter down? I can't remember :confused:

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
That is fine. I had several of those and they ended up as white or some dilute.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Ah, here we are!

"The photo to the left is an example of three down lengths; long, medium and short. Short down is typical for dilute and or extreme dilute."

from http://www.angelfire.com/ga/huntleyloft/yellow.html

So I would say, long down is typical of normal babies, such as you average BB and RB. Then medium is probably more typical of a white baby. And finally short, which are the dilutes (silver, khaki, yellow, and ecru/lemon/extreme dilute).

·
Registered
397 Posts
What is dilute? Is there like something wrong wit it?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Nope! Nothing wrong with it at all. It's just a gene that makes the color lighter is all. Otherwise, it's just a normal pigeon! Well, the fact that the down is shorter too...but that doesn't make too much of a difference in anything. Except maybe that they might get a little colder faster :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts