Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK well hey people :) i'm 15 now and i've had pigeons since i was 9. So they've been around me for the better part of my life lol. OK well now i have 40 pigeons. And then there are a few youngsters, and then there are the breeding pairs. So altogether i have 30 pigeons that i let out to fly. (the other 8 are breeding pairs, and 2 youngsters) Ok well let's make it short. Out of the 30 pigeons. 20 are rollers. I got them 2 weeks ago, they're all 08 pigeons. I let them out at home, just to get them used to the new surroundings. The first day i let them out, they just flew outside, some sat on the loft, some sat on my houses roof, and some sat on my neighbors roof. (My neighbors roof is like a very steep upside down V shape. So all my pigeons tend to land on their roof instead of mine.) OK so about the rollers, i want to know, how to kit them? I asked this questions somewhere else as well so sorry for repitition. Do i grab them single handly and throw them out the loft? Or do i put them in a cage i have and release them through that? Should i release them from the ground or should i climb my roof and let them out from there? I've let them out about 4 times now in the past week and a half. And each time they feel more welcome when flying around the house. So i just want to know about that. And about my other 10 pigeons. I seriously don't know what breed they are. Like their parents look like tipplers. They might be tipplers. But some of them fly high and for like an hour, not like there parents who, when they come out of the loft, they sit lol. So yah if anyone can answer these i'd appreciate it, and sorry for the long question.

P.S. Does anyone know when the next pigeon show is in British Columbia, Canada? Would be better if it's in the lower fraser valley. (Vancouver, Surrey, Abbotsford, Langley, Aldergrove, Chilliwack, Burnaby area)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts