Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an adorable white pigeon who literally walked into my husband's business two weeks ago. He has been living there since. He is well nourished and can fly but labored. He flies and walks following my husband in the business. We have tried to have him go outside and goes so far and then decides he wants in again. I don't want to give him anywhere that will not have him or her as a pet. So I found this website. By the way, he is not a homing pigeon since his tag did not have a number on it and they, the homing pigeon group of Sebastopol Ca, cannot help us. Know anyone in Santa Rosa who raises white pigeons as pets and would be a good home for this cuties.
Mary DeVincenzi
[email protected]

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi MD, We have a member in Santa Rosa CA, but I'm not sure if she will take more birds, Thank you so much for helping this pidgie, I'll check and see if someone is interested around the bay area.

Ivette

·
Registered
777 Posts
MD....thanks. ;)

Until we can get someone local to help you out, please keep the bird secured, indoors, fed amd watered. A bird with minimal flight skills and being that friendly is a really easy target for dogs, cats, birds of prey and cars!:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for a friend for my homing pigeon. He can fly but not well... he was shot under his wing. I"ve had him for a year but he is lonely and needs a freind. do you think they'd get along? I'm in OH

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Thanks for taking care of this pigeon. I am in Santa Rosa and have a small rescue, am not really taking in more but if you can't find a home for him I can take him in a bit. Many of mine are pets, having come from living inside, now they all live in the backyard in two large aviaries and are spoiled quite a bit. I am just finishing with some feral babies that are almost weaned, and then plan to release them and would be able to accommodate your little guy better if you can hold onto him for another week or two. If you need special pigeon food and red grit you can purchase at Western Farms on 7th St. or let me know and I will meet you and give you a bag of it. I am in the Bennett Valley area. I also have a fairly large cage you can use for him if you need. :)

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Please keep in mind that if the bird has labored breathing, he probably isn't well and needs treatment.
What is the news?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I was sick when I first was directed to this post by Karijo, and I completely missed that she posted her e-mail address. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Either that or I'm getting senile, which is a distinct possibility. :cool: I will e-mail her right now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are keeping the piggie

Hi MD, We have a member in Santa Rosa CA, but I'm not sure if she will take more birds, Thank you so much for helping this pidgie, I'll check and see if someone is interested around the bay area.

Ivette
Ivette...My husband and I are keeping the white pigeon and as I write this he is building an aviary for Chico who we found out is a girl. MaryJane helped us out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
we are keeping the pigeon

MD....thanks. ;)

Until we can get someone local to help you out, please keep the bird secured, indoors, fed amd watered. A bird with minimal flight skills and being that friendly is a really easy target for dogs, cats, birds of prey and cars!:eek:
Thank you for your advice. We are keeping the big white pigeon as a pet and as I write this my husband is building an aviary. MaryJane helped us out. Darling bird and bonded to my husband.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts