Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walking to my auto I saw a pigeon that was walking & would not fly. I picked it up and took it home. I placed it in my garage in a cage and fed it dog pellets, brown rice etc. Three days later I let it out...it flew to the top of my house and then left. Two hours later it flew back into the garage. Every morning I open the garage, she eats, flies awhile and comes back to the garage. I close the garage go to work and when I return I again open the garage feed her, she flies and comes back. In the mornings in addition to feeding her I haveI placed a big bowl with water and she bathes. My problem is that she is a little messy and I have to wash the garage everyday. Where can I get a pigeon house that has a pole so I can put it outside my garage on the grass and she can fly in and out. I am open to all suggestions. Mayleng in Miami

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Walking to my auto I saw a pigeon that was walking & would not fly. I picked it up and took it home. I placed it in my garage in a cage and fed it dog pellets, brown rice etc. Three days later I let it out...it flew to the top of my house and then left. Two hours later it flew back into the garage. Every morning I open the garage, she eats, flies awhile and comes back to the garage. I close the garage go to work and when I return I again open the garage feed her, she flies and comes back. In the mornings in addition to feeding her I haveI placed a big bowl with water and she bathes. My problem is that she is a little messy and I have to wash the garage everyday. Where can I get a pigeon house that has a pole so I can put it outside my garage on the grass and she can fly in and out. I am open to all suggestions. Mayleng in Miami
well, hate to be a downer, but haveing one pigeon out is going to attract a bird of prey eventually, and s/he will be a target, does this bird have a band on it's leg?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts