Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know how others wash their birds. I have some whites who have red grit stains on the chest area. What's best?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
20 mule team borax in the bath water, a tabls per gallon. I like to give the red grit, but if this bothers you ,you would want to change over to the white grit.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I second the Borax in the bath, as far as the red grit stains maybe it is your grit feeder. I feed red grit and don't have stains on my white birds, my feeders have dowls that prevent the birds from contacting the grit with their chests. Definatly get some Borax but look into the way you feed the grit. Jim

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. Went to the store and got some! I had been putting the grit in a shallow ceramic pot. Will check out some real grit feeders. A dowel eh?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Where you are you should be able to locate a chick feeder. I found mine on ebay, a fellow was making feeders and selling them there. Your favorite pigeon supply company will have them as well. Jim

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Where you are you should be able to locate a chick feeder. I found mine on ebay, a fellow was making feeders and selling them there. Your favorite pigeon supply company will have them as well. Jim
That is a great idea for grit... I have some of those....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts