Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a biology major and the more we learn about genetics, the more inclined I become to get rid of all my pigeons that aren't related to two keys pairs for 2015 breeding. As many of you know I have had very good luck with my Fabrys I wonder who else has some good Fabrys on here?

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
I'm breeding out of several pair of Fabrys all mine are down from Frank McDonough's 076 cock bird, I have had very good luck with them.
Dave

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have 4 Fabry birds in my breeding loft from Black Lake lofts, they are from the old Jerry Wallace bloodline I will fly there off spring this year on my old bird team. I have a blue check pied hen that looks just like the one in the last pic,:cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Shokri, I'm a friend of Bill and Clarence here in Washington. Bill has the Grantham Fabry's and I have the Jerry Wallace Fabry's that Dave o'Shields bred for Larry Hollingsworth in Idaho. I also got the red check McArthur Fabry's and an inbred fabry from Frank McLaughlin's line. I can text pictures if you want to see some of them. And also a chocolate check splashed from Frank McDonough. I like keeping the old lines. Once they're gone they're gone. I want to send you a pair to fly that are Pure Fabry from the Grantham line for your auction. Not sure if Bill has talked to you about it yet

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hey Shokri, I'm a friend of Bill and Clarence here in Washington. Bill has the Grantham Fabry's and I have the Jerry Wallace Fabry's that Dave o'Shields bred for Larry Hollingsworth in Idaho. I also got the red check McArthur Fabry's and an inbred fabry from Frank McLaughlin's line. I can text pictures if you want to see some of them. And also a chocolate check splashed from Frank McDonough. I like keeping the old lines. Once they're gone they're gone. I want to send you a pair to fly that are Pure Fabry from the Grantham line for your auction. Not sure if Bill has talked to you about it yet
I purchased my Fabrys from Larry Hollingsworth also:) my first pair of breeders where a pair of Fabrys from Dave Anderson,

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah he has helped me out a lot with the Fabry's and Tourniers.
Pedigree info from the birds I have from Larry:cool:

11 USA 12 red check hen

11 USA 23 BBC cock

AU 04 1929 blue bar pencil cock

O/10 USA 26 cock

AU 11 -NDPC-652 blue check w/f pied hen

O/11 USA 9 black check hen

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the parents to all those birds :) if you want send me a personal message with your number and I can text you the pictures of them.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
That 652 hen is the best looking and handling hen of the bunch. I have her nestmate brother as well. They're inbred to McLaughlins 554 cock

·
Registered
678 Posts
That 652 hen is the best looking and handling hen of the bunch. I have her nestmate brother as well. They're inbred to McLaughlins 554 cock
Larry has good good Quality birds. my first fabrys that I mentioned was from D AND R LOFT,ANDERSON."91Karlson" AU 83 WRR 3402 BB COCK
AU 83 WRR 3426 RC HEN :cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had some Aiglon and Mcarthur blood, they were my best. Started off with them and did really well. There was a local guy here who brought in the family and flew nothing but the old blood. My day birds first yr racing old birds were all off fabrys. I have a buddy who still has the family but he is pricey. He has great records to go along with the family

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
So Shokri , your saying that only your fabrys race well for you ? I thought you had some good Deveriendt blood in your loft too.

I can understand why a person would like to have a "family" of birds in quality but most of my best racing birds are multi family crosses . I would latterly have to start over if I wanted to have only one family by name .

·
Registered
678 Posts
I crossed one of my Fabry cocks with a Janssen hen, so far their off springs have been coming in good from road training will see come race day :cool:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So Shokri , your saying that only your fabrys race well for you ? I thought you had some good Deveriendt blood in your loft too.

I can understand why a person would like to have a "family" of birds in quality but most of my best racing birds are multi family crosses . I would latterly have to start over if I wanted to have only one family by name .
I said I wanted to build my family around two key pairs the first pair is a pair of Fabrys ever other Fabry I have is related to that original pair, the second key pair is a pair of Devriendts so really I am thinking of maintains two separate lines crossing them into each other and then crossing them back into the other family.

For example breed a Devriendt to a Fabry stock the ones that prove themselves and breed them back to a Fabry (now we are at 3/4 Fabry 1/4 Devriendt) breed it again to a Fabry until I get to 7/8 one strain 1/8 the other than at that point breed to a Devriendt again, eventually they'll be Sho-Time strain with all the crossing back and forth.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts