Pigeon-Talk banner

Who won? Flyer #1 or #2

Tags
distance
1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Pigeon0446 
#1 ·
Flyer #1 1580 ypm 215 miles
Flyer #2 1547 ypm 218 miles.

So I beleive flyer #1 has to give flyer #2 3 miles.

So who won. Thanks.

#10 ·
Overfly only means something when you're doing a mental calculation of who's winning. For example, a guy 15 miles farther than you clocks an hour before you. Yes, he is farther, but his birds were flying much faster. Even if your birds clock at the exact same time, his birds had to cover more ground in the same amount of time in order to get to his loft at the same time as yours. On the other hand, you can clock an hour before him and win, even though it is expected that you will clock sooner since you are shorter. Shouldn't take an hour for his birds to cover that extra 15 miles.
It's with official speeds, taking into consideration the exact milage for that loft (not just "100" or "200" mile race), that's how you declare the winner. Doesn't matter how far or short you are, if your bird is faster, it wins.

#12 ·
Bottom line: distance does not matter in results. yards per minute determine the winner.

With one exception. If a loft is less than the minimum of 75 miles from release point to that loft, then according to AU rules that loft is not eligible for an official race result/standing. I am not eligible to race in my clubs 100 mile races, as it is only 60+ miles for me. I can send birds to it, but they don't count in the official results. Has to be at least 75 miles to be "legal".

#14 ·
If both of these flyers flew on basicly on the same line where flyer #2's bird would have to fly over flyer #1's loft. Flyer #1's bird would have been in the loft and flyer #2's bird would still have to fly another 4.5 miles just to get to the flyer #1's loft plus the 3 miles to get to his loft. So when flyer #1 clocked flyer #2's bird was still 7.5 miles from home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.