Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I've noticed one of my diamond doves has a "humpback" and her wings don't fold behind her back anymore. She can still fly and she is eating daily. Is she obese? My other dove was obese earlier this year but it was due to eating too much millets. I stopped giving them millets for a few months and started giving it to them again recently and now my other dove is looking rather odd. I want to make sure it isn't any sort of other ailment other than she's a little chubby. I'll lay off the millets for now and see if anything improves. Attached is a photo, the dove in front is the one I am concerned about.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
If they remain humped over, usually that is a sign of pain or they are sick.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You should note any behavioral differences between the two, including if one eats more than the other, etc. That should help you figure out why your dove has a humpback.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Yes, cwebster is right. An avian vet could take some tests. How do his droppings look?
Is he eating as much as normally? Drinking more? Quieter than normally? Fluffed up a lot?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, cwebster is right. An avian vet could take some tests. How do his droppings look?
Is he eating as much as normally? Drinking more? Quieter than normally? Fluffed up a lot?
She is eating daily, droppings look normal. Only thing abnormal is how she's holding her wings and that one of her ears is visible. I do have a vet who's treated a few of my birds before. I will have her take a look. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts