Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a female pigeon sitting on eggs and she's having huge watery diarrhea and it has a strong smell of human poo its watery but doesnt have water coming out its just like a light green slush i dont think it coccidosis because they steel havnt been outside the cage or in contact with any other bird, she drinks apple cider vinegar 2x a week.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It could just be nest poops. They are often large and stinky. Confined birds often have coccidia, and stress can cause a flareup. Just get a fecal done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could just be nest poops. They are often large and stinky. Confined birds often have coccidia, and stress can cause a flareup. Just get a fecal done.
if it is nest poops will they do this outside the nest ? also i believe coccidia is contagious and only my female has this not the male and what should i do to help them?

·
Registered
437 Posts
if it is nest poops will they do this outside the nest ? also i believe coccidia is contagious and only my female has this not the male and what should i do to help them?
Yes that's what I mean by nest poops. They hold it until they are outside of the nest. Different individuals in a group will have different parasitic loads.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i found out it was because one they were nest poops and 2 they had quite a lot of grit in the food however not access all the time to it while sepearate from its food

1 - 5 of 5 Posts