Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, true to form my luck was terrible and my check for my membership to the AU got torn up in the mail. I had to re-do the payment.

Anyways, I was on their website because of that and saw that they have 2010 bands for sale! Why is that? It's not even 1/2 way through 2009!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
you can buy them but they wont ship them until Jan 1st I beleive

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Hi MOONSHADOW, The AU is taking orders for next years bands, those orders are for a100 or more bands and it would cost you about $100 dollars. If you belong to a racing club,you can buy club bands from them and it would much less costly for you. If you do not belong to a racing club you can still buy bands from any pigeon supply house for about .50cents each but you would be required to buy 10 or more at a time. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, yeah, I was wondering if they let folks cheat on their YB's or something. Didn't seem right. I got it now. Thanks.

Yeah, I was not a member of the AU when I ordered my 2009 bands. I got them from Foy's.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Does the AU or IF have personal bands for those who don't belong to a club? I see "AU Clausing", "AU GFL", etc.

If I'm a member, I can order personalized bands?
Yes you can order personal bands for next year but you must understand that you will have to buy 100 bands and pay set up charges and you can even have a pick of color. NOW FOR THE KICKER IT WILL COST YOU AROUND 100 DOLLARS FOR 100 BANDS. Save your self money and buy them from a pigeon supply house or order the stock bands that AU or IF sell. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I already placed my order for 2010 bands...Just got to wait for the month...I believe they have so many members who start breeding before Jan. of the following year so they wanna send them before the year is over...I know this year I ordered mine around Nov and got the bands the first week of Jan...

·
Registered
60 Posts

Yes you can order personal bands for next year but you must understand that you will have to buy 100 bands and pay set up charges and you caneven have a pick of color. NOW FOR THE KICKER IT WILL COST YOU AROUND 100DOLLARS FOR 100 BANDS. Save your self monet and buy them from a pigeon supply house or order the stock bands that AU or IF sell. GEORGE;)
I have UA bands from Foy's. Just didn't know if I could order personalized bands with no club affiliations. Thanks for the answer.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
When ordering from the AU you must do it by march 31 the year before you get them. So right now you are ordering 2010. You have to get them somewhere else to get 2009. They sent them all out at the end of the year and your secertary probably gets them just before jan 1 but don't hand them out. If you order them personally you probably will get them a little before jan 1 but we are talking days here. The more bands you get if ordering with the AU the cheaper it is.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have UA bands from Foy's. Just didn't know if I could order personalized bands with no club affiliations. Thanks for the answer.
You must be an AU member to order their bands personalized or not, you have to be a member...IF memberships is cheaper than AU but that is your choice...I'm a member of both and got my bands direct from them...

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
They can not ship before 1/1/10 Dave
Actually Dave, the bands are normally shipped out right after Christmas is over. We, except for one year, get our bands around the 28th of Dec. It IS "illegal" however, for the race secretaries of each club to pass out the bands before Jan. 1st. We don't even open the box until Jan. 1st....however, IMVHO, I think that the rule is pretty dumb. If they mailed out the bands, say, in Nov.........then yea, I could see this rule being put in place, but does it REALLY matter if a baby gets banded on Dec. 30th or Jan. 1st? :rolleyes:
There's been a few years that a couple of my hens would lay fertile eggs 5 days after I put the breeders together. 5 days is a LONG time when you're talking about baby pigeons and banding them.
But, having said all of that........I'm a real stickler for following rules,,,,,,whether I like them or not.........so I now put my pairs together about a week later than I used too.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
You are right Renee i should have worded it clubs can not "sell" LOL! i never ordered my bands, always bought them through my club. Warning! Do not bother your club Sec.when he just woke up on Jan.1st!
I guess that's why I'm the sec. and get the bands. Jan. 1st is just another day for me and I'm up and can be "bothered" same as any other day.........LOL
I tell my members DO NOT bother me 1 minute after midnight on Dec. 31st.......THAT could be trouble......:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.