Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know ring your birds can help you keep record of your birds... However, if you do not have many birds, you can easily recognize which is which..

I also know if you do not ring them, you can not show them, why is that? is there any other reasons you ring them?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
yeah if they get lost. Some can be made with your info. I have NPA ones and if the bird gets lost you can contact NPA. You can get my info so I might be able to get my bird back

·
Registered
335 Posts
it is a good record to, then you know a little about your birds, if you keep a pedigree of some kind it helps, with barn pigeons wild kinds this is not that important. it is nice if you get your bird back and 60 cents a band is not bad, i know i get 100 of them. plus if you race they have to have a band to record times. with the fancy pigeons that get out its sure nice to get them back after you ve lost them threw an open door, or what have you.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Birds that have life rings are afforded protection from the law in some places , it also distinguishes a bird that is owned apart from a feral . Some associations require birds to be rung so they can be showed or raced . The bird can also be traced back to the owner as stated if lost or found

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
It also increases the value of the bird if you someday sell it, as people would rather buy a banded bird whose age is known.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Everyone in the US has Social Security Number.
Your SSN is your ID. It stores all information about you.
A pigeon ring has it Identification Number which helps
all information about this pigeon.
If you study about database, you understand Primary Key
is important in a relation (table, or worksheet), and in a
relation database, the table that has one-to-many relationship
to other tables is the most important.
Pigeon rings are necessary for: breeding, racing, selling, lost and
found, and anything you will think of in the next century.
If you raise Utility pigeons for meat, there is no need to have ring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts