Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

I have always wanted to be a veterinarian, biologist, or wildlife rehabilitator. So I was just wondering what it took to be one, if you go to university, college, how long is the course, and what you need to apply. Now I went on this site and it said you needed grade 12 English, grade 12 Math, grade12 chemistry, and grade 11 Biology. Is there anything else or is that pretty much it? I was just wondering because I will be going into grade 9 next year and would like to know what courses to take!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Hi Yo!

Good on you for your interest in these "careers". For the most part, wildlife rehab is a non-paying job done on a volunteer basis BUT you do have to qualify in order to get the permits. Have a look here OWREN and especially at the courses. You most likely would have to be 18 years old to be able to become a rehab volunteer but could probably take the courses at a younger age (just guessing at your age here).

Your other career interests definitely require at least a 4 year college degree and possibly more.

Terry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts