Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I teach my newly purchased birds to stay at their new home. All birds are about one to two years old and where purchased from lofts over one thousand miles away. I'm wondering how long I should wait before I can expect them to return if released to fly, or do I have to wait for babies to train and always keep the adults in the loft?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
How do I teach my newly purchased birds to stay at their new home. All birds are about one to two years old and where purchased from lofts over one thousand miles away. I'm wondering how long I should wait before I can expect them to return if released to fly, or do I have to wait for babies to train and always keep the adults in the loft?:rolleyes:
If they are homers they will or might try to find their pre home, so letting them out is a gamble. it is best to start with young birds under 40 days old. If they are tumblers or tipplers or rollers, they need a few months to get adjusted and can be flown just around the loft.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pair of Homers and 7 Rollers

Opps forgot to tell you the breads........one pair are homers, I guess they are incarcerated for life :D. The other 7 are Rollers several NBRC banded birds.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Opps forgot to tell you the breads........one pair are homers, I guess they are incarcerated for life :D. The other 7 are Rollers several NBRC banded birds.
ok, the homers are prisoners, the rollers can be let out after a few months, loft flown only as they might get lost if taken away from the loft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts