Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Willie and I went for a Ride Saturday and went to the Beach, it was beautiful, and He enjoyed it, the Sun, Surf, boats, and People, Hes so good, He stays right on or around My truck ( His Mobile Loft) no matter where We go.
This location, is right off the causway that goes to Key Biscayne, Home of the Lipton Tennis Tournement, or whatever they call it each time, .. Its the prettist strech of water and sand You can imagine, the water is warm as a bath and about 2' deep for about a 1/4 mile out I used to windsurf there a lot and a 16' Hobie cat sailboat I had too. it is ideal conditions here all the time,, well except Hurricanes, or F#$%$#%# Oil Spills.
BTW! The Oil spill has Me sick, I grew up here with the beautiful white sand beaches, swimming, snorkleing, surfing, and windsurfing, actually born in a hospital on the water overlooking this area way back in 1956, then My Mother passed away in the same Hospital 9 years ago. So I cant stand to think about Crude oil Tarballs washing up onshore here and killing all the wildlife, and it may happen here within the next few weeks if the oil gets into the Gulfstream currents, sorry to get all crazy but its serious stuff
Thanks
Mike

Attachments

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
How FUN!!

Willie is something else, Mike! What a PIJ!!

He may end up being the site's most "traveled" pij! He should write a book on his adventures!

Sending ALL OUR BEST WITH LOVE, HUGS and SCRITCHES

Shi and MR. Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/WoeBeGone/ Rae Charles :)

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Wonderful pics...and what a wonderful "smile" on Willie's adorable face. Willie could use some sandals so he doesn't burn his little feet.

Did you get anyone who was curious and asking questions about Willie? I would think he would stir up some inquisitive spectators.....

I cetainly understand your fears about the oil leak, and I pray it is STOPPED and that the jet stream doesn't bring it to our doors. We were at the beach yesterday and the water was warm and it was beautiful and not too hot yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts