Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have found a baby pigeon wandering around the garden for the last 2 days it appears to walk okay and fly's very low for a very short distance, does not seem to mind us approaching it.
I have left it alone as we do have alot of pigeons that visit our garden, thinking maybe its parents are around but these other pigeons do not seem to bother with it at all, not sure what to do with it really do we leave it alone ?? we do have a dog but are carefull not to let her out when the pigeon is in site, no obvious injuries are visiablr any advice would be greatfully received
Many thanks
the Wheeler family.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so provide shelter and food and leave it outside ?? and then will fly away when ready, sorry all new to me but would'nt like to see it come to any harm

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
We have found a baby pigeon wandering around the garden for the last 2 days it appears to walk okay and fly's very low for a very short distance, does not seem to mind us approaching it.
I have left it alone as we do have alot of pigeons that visit our garden, thinking maybe its parents are around but these other pigeons do not seem to bother with it at all, not sure what to do with it really do we leave it alone ?? we do have a dog but are carefull not to let her out when the pigeon is in site, no obvious injuries are visiablr any advice would be greatfully received
Many thanks
the Wheeler family.
Thank you for your concern over this youngster.

If the bird is in danger of cats or other predators I would pick it up and bring it inside. Have you seen it eating?

Where are you located?

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Do you know what kind of pigeon this is?

As Trees suggested, it would be safer if you brought it inside. If it doesn't go to roost at night and you can catch it then there is something wrong that needs correcting.

Cynthia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts