Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i sent my birds to race this week and amonst them was a 2008 mealy cock i didnt think i would see him again, well as the day went by my birds returning one by one, well just as i thought that was it all thge birds that are going to make it are here, then on the loft came that 2008 mealy cock that i didnt think i would ever see again. that put a smile on my face and gave me such a happy and warm feeling i thought to myself thats what racing is all about it dont matter if you win or lose if you get get that feeling thats what racing pigeons is all about i won today in every way,

mark

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
It's very refreshing to hear you say that you "won" today....whether you actually won the race or not. I feel the same way about my birds. Sure, winning is a lot of fun, but I prefer to get all my birds back home first and foremost. Everything else is secondary.
I do have a question though? Why did you send the mealy cock if you thought he wouldn't come back?
I NEVER EVER send a bird if I don't think it can make the journey. Of course, I send birds that don't make it home, but I don't do it intentionally. In fact, we just shipped our 400 last night and I had picked out the birds that were supposed to go over a week ago. However, when I cleaned the loft yesterday morning, all the cocks droppings looked picture perfect, except one. He was SUPPOSED to go and is usually my first cock bird home, but I knew that something just wasn't right.......so he stayed at home.
Just curious as to why you sent the bird.

·
Registered
875 Posts
i sent my birds to race this week and amonst them was a 2008 mealy cock i didnt think i would see him again, well as the day went by my birds returning one by one, well just as i thought that was it all thge birds that are going to make it are here, then on the loft came that 2008 mealy cock that i didnt think i would ever see again. that put a smile on my face and gave me such a happy and warm feeling i thought to myself thats what racing is all about it dont matter if you win or lose if you get get that feeling thats what racing pigeons is all about i won today in every way,

mark

theres something special about watching a flock of racing pigeons!i love to see our local racers out on fly time!the "swoop"noise as they pass overhead and disapear to the docklands and back again,we go out with binoculars to watch them,we are fans of each and every one,they are all special

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's very refreshing to hear you say that you "won" today....whether you actually won the race or not. I feel the same way about my birds. Sure, winning is a lot of fun, but I prefer to get all my birds back home first and foremost. Everything else is secondary.
I do have a question though? Why did you send the mealy cock if you thought he wouldn't come back?
I NEVER EVER send a bird if I don't think it can make the journey. Of course, I send birds that don't make it home, but I don't do it intentionally. In fact, we just shipped our 400 last night and I had picked out the birds that were supposed to go over a week ago. However, when I cleaned the loft yesterday morning, all the cocks droppings looked picture perfect, except one. He was SUPPOSED to go and is usually my first cock bird home, but I knew that something just wasn't right.......so he stayed at home.
Just curious as to why you sent the bird.
the reason i thought he wouldnt get back is that he always was a slow pigeon even as yb so i always like to give them a chance to do it he never has made it home on the day even in training so to see him gat back on the day was a grate feeling and a win for me,

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I totally understand your sentiments mark. I, too, love to see my pigeons coming back home.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers rod i wouldnt have sent the bird if i thought he was not fit anough to do the job what i ment was he is a slow bird and i dint expect to see him again like we all do with some birds,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts