1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

1. A steady wind rarely, if ever, favours any one area over another;
2. Side winds favour no one area over another;
3. An increasing tail wind favours the long end (more time in the air to take advantage of the increasing help from the wind); and
4. An increasing head wind favours the short end (less time in the air to be slowed by the increasing headwind.

With which of the above scenarios do you agree or disagree?

Bezz

·
Registered
414 Posts
I agree with all of them, however as we all know sometimes or rarely you will get a loft/bird not having the wind in there favor pull off what would be seemingly impossbile win and leave everybody wondering how the heck did that happen. I have one bird so far who i think could do something like this, other than her I would have to be very lucky.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have noticed that I can't beat the fliers on the long end until we get out to 150-200 mark. then I have birds in the top 5-10 percent. I was thinking about looking for birds that i could raise just for the 100-150 mile sprint birds. Anyone else?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have noticed that I can't beat the fliers on the long end until we get out to 150-200 mark. then I have birds in the top 5-10 percent. I was thinking about looking for birds that i could raise just for the 100-150 mile sprint birds. Anyone else?
I guess the real racing starts after the 150 for the shortenders.:D

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I totally disagree with 1 and 2. I don't know if 3 and 4 are really true either it make some some sence but I don't know if that really happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts