Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have decided to build a winter loft because winter here can be harsh with allot of snow. I moved the loft to my shop partitioned off my reloading bench that I haven't used for 10 years, added a pocket door, wall vents and a exhaust fan with a speed control. It is now easier to maintain and water will not freeze, I have a feeder that holds 10 days of feed, I left for five days and the pij's were fine when I returned. No problem leaving them for even a week or more if needed, winter or not. I'm teaching the birds the new loft and on three loft fly's 6 of 10 so far have trapped to the new loft. three have trapped to the old loft the first two times and the third time they flew to the new sputnik and dropped in.

Images here,
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/mmurphy99/Winter Loft

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Keep loft dry after their bath by moping the floor with a splash of clorox in the mop water. They all seam to be done in less than 20 minuets. I also have a colored polyurethane floor paint and the trim has been clear polyurethane coated and caulked with silicone top and bottom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts