Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,been to pittencrieff glen park today,its a 36 acre park bequeathed by andrew carnegie to the folks of his birthplace,dunfermline,fife,a beautiful place with woodland walks,museum,parkland,pavillion and PLENTY wildlife!i have honestly never seen so many woodys in one place at one time!(also many ferals and collereds)!we took a bag of bird nuts and were followed round by waddling cheeky woodpigeons(and squirrels too lol),these woodys were very plump and well fed and not in the least bit shy!everywhere we went,we were followed by these cheeky plump guys,they came out the trees,flew onto a bridge and waited to be fed etc,great fun!on a sad note,,the park has 9 peacocks,and found out today,some moron killed "bertie"a freindly white peacock who had been a fave at the park,he was shot by air rifle and vet was unable to save him,the staff and visitors are all very angry and saddened(he was only white one and was well known)the only other white one in scotland is at scone palace perth!bad news indeed,i hope the person resonsible is caught and dealt with in a harsh manner

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
It is sad and sickening about the peacock indeed :(

Unusual to find a gang of woodies so trusting and approachable (or approaching :) ). Hope they just stay put, as they sound too friendly for their own good otherwise. Still, long as they find or are given sufficient food, they should have no urge to search further afield as wilder woodies might.

John

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are the fattest,plumpest cheekiest woodys i have ever seen,there is a mention about them in the park museum,found out there are also bats who roost in an old 1920s (unused)phone box!the animals and birds at park are well looked after,the peacocks have a special place to eat and rest,i am just sickened about poor bertie though,he was the most approachable of the peacocks and well liked,how could anyone get their kicks from shooting a poor defenceless bird,makes me damn angry!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.