Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I found a hurt pigeon in my garden yesterday, he cannot fly. One of his wings are dragging down. We have put him in a cat box with seed and water and warm towel overnight. He is very alert but was sleeping when we checked on him last night. Should we wrap the wing? I've been told if I take him to the vets they with euthanise him 馃槥 I don't want to cause him unnecessary suffering tho. Thank you xx

Registered
Hey have you got Facebook if so post on this group or I can if you haven't got Facebook. I recommend it to someone on here yesterday and they got help that night for the wee wood pigeon

Registered
Your so welcome, happy to help as I know what it's like struggling to get help for a pigeon without vets or the sspca and that saying they Will just put them down without giving them a chance hope you get help soon xx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've posted on the site and I'll let you know how I get on. I dont want him to suffer but also don't want to just take him to the vets to destroy him :( xxx

Registered
I've posted on the site and I'll let you know how I get on. I dont want him to suffer but also don't want to just take him to the vets to destroy him :( xxx
I just seen your post there some with supply links and some will offer to come and help if they can. I know what you mean I once found a poor pigeon who had pmv at that time I didn't really know much about pigeons so I contacted the sspca who came out and told me basically they had to put it out its pain and I asked a question which to this day I still regret asking how do you do that with birds is it a injection they get also and she said no we break their necks that was it I felt sick to my stomach once I came in after she took the poor thing round to the van I balled my eyes out and researched that pmv is curable and I felt like utter crap felt like I had signed it's death sentence when it could have been helped. So now I look for help on here or on that Facebook page and found these groups and people better than most vets advice. I hope you get some help soon for it and thanks again for helping this feathered friend xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts