Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I’ve got a wood pigeon that appears to have taken up residency in my back garden ( Bexleyheath, Kent, UK). He (just my assumption) is able to get up into my magnolia tree & has lots of shrubs to hide in, but he just won’t or isn’t able to fly away! He’s been around for weeks now!
I love the birds visiting the garden & have a variety of feeding stations, so he’s not without food or water. He doesn’t appear to have any injuries & doesn’t seem to be in distress.
On sunny days, he can be seen just bathing in the sun on the grass, and if approached will simply just walk away to somewhere quiet.
My concern is a neighbour’s cat, who today tried its luck with the birds. The pigeon managed to fly away, but straight into a window & ended up on the patio.
The cat disappeared into the shrubs & then got chased away by my son.
The pigeon took itself into a quiet corner until it felt safe enough to walk back up the garden. It’s now perched in the tree again.
Although I love the birds, I wouldn’t feel confident trying to rescue it myself!
Any advice? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
There are a few FB sites you can post in with members in the UK that might help. Palomacy pigeon and dove rescue. Is he eating well? What does the droppings look like?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. Have contacted a London based rescue group.
Food & water are available & I’ve seen him eating ok. Haven’t noticed any untoward droppings in the garden.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts