Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to dominate when one works 50 hours a week. Liberation point is to the West. I work North Northeast of Loft. I could definitely toss from my work truck on the way to work from time to time. Full disclosure I don't own any bird yet just doing research until I get them.

Looking for some methods that work that have worked got you.... or just some new ideas

·
Registered
301 Posts
how far is work from home?
consider partnering.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work from my truck.. check on construction dig sites and what not. So I'm on the road constantly I can be wherever I need to be within reason. I could be from 25 miles to 50 miles from the house.

How much does it matter training from the opposite direction of The Liberation site?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a guy in there area I could partner with. BUT! The way he cleans things vs the way I do I just don't think you could ever work.
( he doesn't clean anything) lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
I know a couple of guys that will drop off their bird's in a field in the dark before work placing them on the ground and then when the sun rises the bird's get up and flying. Risky but it does work for them. I also know guy's that toss right before dark and make them fly home in the dark which helps on the long races. I had a bird that was consistent with coming home in the dark from the long races.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have an idea you might consider. I got into homing pigeons about a year ago. I was lucky enough to start my loft with strains from a few different racers' lofts using really nice strains of Janssens and Bekaerts. I got to keeping them and caring for them, and eventually met a few racers that tried really hard to get me to start racing, since they want younger guys to get into the otherwise sort of dying sport, but as much as I'd like to try it out (at first I wasn't interested) I just don't have time between work and family. I ended up, however, getting an offer I couldn't refuse--a racer willing to race my birds for me. He takes my YBs, with my bands, they are entered into the race under my name and everything, but they are simply trained and raced from his loft. We split the winnings, if any. I get to try my loft's genetics, and it helps me improve my genetics as well, and have a bit of fun with it, and maybe even make some money. I get to see if it's something I'd enjoy enough to really make the investment of time and money some day when I have more of both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hillboy best bet is you to have to try it out. I don't like training off course but im guessing it is better than no training. Try training off course but weekend or days off go down the right course a couple time also. I think you should be fine that way as long as your birds have flight time.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi All, You Will Never Dominate Any Body If You Train In The Wrong Line Of Flight You Never Beat Anyone Who Trains There Birds On The Line Of Flight And Strains Of Pigeons Will Not Help Either, If Your Are Serious About Winning Races Your Birds Must Be Trained On The Line Of Flight You Should Recondiser About Racing Your Birds With The Guy Who Dont Cleans His Coop Every Day Cleaning Your Loft Every Day Is No Big Deal I Had A Friend In N.Y.C. That Cleaned His Loft Once A Month He Was 1 Of The Top Flyers In The In The N.Y.C. Area Winning Many Races And Big Money Races To, I Got Up Every Day At 4/30 am To Train My Birds To Win Races I Have Won Every Big Money Race In The N.Y.C. Some More Than Once Or Breed The Winner For A Friend, Sitting On Your Ass Will Not Win You Any Races If You Want To Win Races You Must Be Willing To Put All Your Effort To Winning Races. Beachwood45789

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi All, You Will Never Dominate Any Body If You Train In The Wrong Line Of Flight You Never Beat Anyone Who Trains There Birds On The Line Of Flight And Strains Of Pigeons Will Not Help Either, If Your Are Serious About Winning Races Your Birds Must Be Trained On The Line Of Flight You Should Recondiser About Racing Your Birds With The Guy Who Dont Cleans His Coop Every Day Cleaning Your Loft Every Day Is No Big Deal I Had A Friend In N.Y.C. That Cleaned His Loft Once A Month He Was 1 Of The Top Flyers In The In The N.Y.C. Area Winning Many Races And Big Money Races To, I Got Up Every Day At 4/30 am To Train My Birds To Win Races I Have Won Every Big Money Race In The N.Y.C. Some More Than Once Or Breed The Winner For A Friend, Sitting On Your Ass Will Not Win You Any Races If You Want To Win Races You Must Be Willing To Put All Your Effort To Winning Races. Beachwood45789
Well said ! ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts