Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this:
http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/product/cage_watering_kit.html

The birds have to push the lever to get water into the little bowls. I am afraid they cant figure that out. This may be a little silly but. In the back of my mind I worry they wont get enough water.

Who has used this water and did your birds figure it out ok?
This is being used with Pigeons. Here are some pics of the setup.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I can only think of a few of my pigeons who might figure that out. (And maybe one of my dogs. :p Unless it dispensed food, then ALL of my dogs would get it. :rolleyes:) And some other pigeons who would never in a million years. I suppose you can supervise it and see, but obviously be very careful that they're getting enough water.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Maybe you can modify it in such a way that once they step on it, it dispenses water. If not you are going to demonstrate the procedure to them.

Honestly if it was meant to be auto-drinker, those pigeons should not do anything to fill it up. Did you install it right? My feeling is that this auto-water system will refill itself and shut-off itself automatically. Check the manual?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.