Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rosie laid her second egg early tonight and while dad was on the nest I let her out for some exercise. No sooner was she on my hand and out of the cage she let rip with a very large (huge actually), loose dropping, which splatted all over the floor and smelled absolutely putrid. Stunk up the room.
The images are below.. The smell was slightly on the sweet side, but also a bit like sweaty feet if that helps at all. She has had fine normal poops up til now. Still eating and drinking, but a lot quieter than usual, which I thought would be the nesting instinct kicking in.
She has Calcium and D3 supplement in her water right now, but is on nothing else. Eating pigeon seed mix and grit.
Any suggestions, cause, meds? Will be hugely appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
When they sit on eggs, they can hold their dropping for a long time until they get up and release them and that can be huge, runny and smelly. It is normal. I wouldn't worry about it yet.
Watch the droppings when they are off the eggs and they should be normal then.

Reti

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.