Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well this cute little girl (yeah, I had named him before I saw she was a girl) is a double dose oops baby. Not only did I not expect her to hatch out, but I definitely didn't expect a half satinette baby to hatch out under two homers! :eek: My dropper George was in the loft, and must have went a little crazy with the girls. Funny thing is this one's nest mate was lucky enough to get genes from the male in the homer pair, so he's a full homer.

I would keep her but I have plenty of dropper breeders. She's SO cute though :D Don't you agree? She's pretty tiny; reminds me a lot of a fig without a frill. And yes, that's an AU racing band on her. Didn't notice the beak size when I banded her :p I was just going with the flow like always.

I have a box, so all I ask is that you pay $35 for shipping.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, she's the red one. The blue and white one is what her daddy looks like (but of a different color) :)
Just confirmed today that Georgie is in fact a she. She was also hatched out in July if anyone was wondering how old she is. I may or may not have an adopter, so I will report back when I know for sure.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Becky,

Sorry, I can't adopt, and hope you have a home for her.

I have a half homer half Buda from a friend who is also just as cute with short beak and also has big eyes.

I just wanted to say she is just adorable-and perfect name, that is one cute double oops!!! :p

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice bird wish i could take her:D
Well, if you can, then...you can! :p As of right now, still looking for someone to adopt her. If no one can take her in, then I believe I have a backup, but that's if no one else speaks for her.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't think i could pay for shipping but she is very cute she is full homer that is so cool:D i went down to the flea market yesterday and bought a male homer from my female but I'm sure if he is a male or not, he dosn't coo or dance he acts just like the female and they fight and she wins so i might have gottin' screwed.

G

·
I don't think i could pay for shipping but she is very cute she is full homer that is so cool:D i went down to the flea market yesterday and bought a male homer from my female but I'm sure if he is a male or not, he dosn't coo or dance he acts just like the female and they fight and she wins so i might have gottin' screwed.
she stated earlier that this is a homer /satinette cross ;)

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
She's adorable. She really is. I like her color.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like her color too. A nice clean red check. With all these blue pigeons, it's nice to have a little color :p I can't help but love the short beaks too!

Good news, Georgie will be going to her new home soon! :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
omg!!! she is absolutely adorable :D. i don't have the money right now but i'll take her. my mom owes me like $50 so yay! jw, has someone else already asked for her?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, Oliver has already spoken for her. If I ever end up with another double-oopsy, I'll keep you in mind though :D

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Just a thought...Terry has so many Pigeons close to Susan that she needs to find home for and then there are all the KIng Pigeons from the Bay area needing homes...and Kippermom was making an appeal for home just the other day...

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I had sent her PMs earlier about Elizabethy's Kings, and about Kippermoms thread about the young homers. Maybe she'll check them out.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep - definitely go for those birds before Georgie. I've got plenty of room and am in no hurry to rehome her :) There's others that need homes more desperately!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts