Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone has any good flying Egyptian Swifts for sale? I was trying to pair up a hen and a unsexed, and ended up with four eggs in the nest. LOL. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Swift you took a picture of is not a good flyer...unfortunately they are not cheap...the flying ones are in the bolk mesawed and you will not really find them any more..very hard to find and expensive..

·
Registered
336 Posts
i have some swift cocks for 25.00 each,assorted colors.rehani line good flyers and breeders can send pics will ship if buyer pays shipping and supplies a box thanx

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I dont know if this something your looking for but HOOBLY had 10 bolk swifts for sale $350 plus $100 for shipping

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have some ES for sale check out the Doneks and Divers runboard site for the pictures and I can take more picture if you want.
Dennis

My first pair of Ottati's came out of the imports. That's one pair from its parents. Through the years those birds I raised either stopped laying or would lay only one egg if even fertile. Those that were fertile eggs, the chick would die the day before hatching or the day of hatching. This is all caused by too much inbreeding. A well known ES breeder told me that if you can raised two to three baby's each year out of a pair of Gohzar's (Egyptian Swifts) that is doing great. The good birds are expensive to buy in Egypt and the importation fees are nuts. Yes these are expense rare birds.

With all this said: In 2011 I crossed two American Show NPA Standard Egyptian Swifts: Spread Black, Sooty. Dirty, smoky, T-Pattern Check, Indigo (Andalusian) to a pair of my pure stock. I kept six of the better (1/2 Ottati) hens. The rest went for dog training.

2012: Out of this six pairs I raised 26 babies. I will keep six (3/4 Ottati) hens and two (3/4 Ottati) cоcks to mate to my pure breeds.

That leaves me with six 2011 hens to dispose of and 18 (3/4) Ottati-(1/4) American Standard Egyptian Swifts to sell. These 18 do fly with my Homers. So the Gohzar flying ability is in these birds. The American big fluffy show type birds lack the flying ability due to size.
Also the 3/4 birds beaks are too long and the heads aren't the right shape yet! Some almost have the right eye color. The eye colors are different in the 12 different Gohzar breeds. Ottati's have Brown Gravel or Pearle Gravel eyes.

The above is my disclosure of the mixed heritage of the 24 birds for sale.
The six 2011 hens I am asking $4.00 each. The 18 (3/4) Ottati's I am asking $10.00 each.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts