Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,was in edinburgh today,on princes st,and saw an AMAZING feral,,i was gobsmacked,let me describe him,he was basically white,with black spots and over his wings,the black colouring was almost in an x shape,does anyone knwo what this marking is called,it was not like the bars on red/blue bars but right over back to wing tips,never seen one like that before,lovely bird he was

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I don't think there's any specific color for that. Just the way the genes worked to produce the color where it is. Sounds like a pretty bird.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he was unusal to say least,he was unbanded but quite tame(lot of city pigeons are )he was sitting at e end of princes st,and not giving a hoot about all the passers by,i have seen a few nice patterned grizzles and pied pigeons but this one has topped the lot

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Or take a picture so that we can identify it.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Yes. Wish you had had a camera with you.

G

·
yeah I agree we keep hearing about these birds you interact with but we never get to see any so wish you could find a way to post us some pics cus that sure would be awesome :D

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
That would be fun.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I agree we keep hearing about these birds you interact with but we never get to see any so wish you could find a way to post us some pics cus that sure would be awesome :D
i have taken many pics,but had probs uploading on this site,i have some pics of pigeons(including caramel log on my bebo)sadly didnt have camera with me yesterday,)if you go onto bebo(elayne-feedbackqueen)and go onto my pics,album"pigeons and statues)i have some pics there,i do see some nice pigeons,but this guy yesterday was the most unusual ever,my daughters getting a new laptop tue so may be able to have success with my pics

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
he was a nice bird,someone said to me they had also seen him on window ledge of thistle hotel(st james centre)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts