Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Have anyone heard of a pigeon breed that makes almost 7 different sounds ?

I have been hearing about this breed for only about 4 months now, its called yahoo or yahood, but I am yet to witness one.

Yesterday night I was having a chit-chat with the local pet shop owner while checking out his pigeons, he positively told that during his last week's trip to a breeder in another state, he personally witnessed the pigeon and was also shown how it makes different sounds.

Is this breed normal ?

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Never heard of that breed. Sounds very interesting.

Reti

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Probably a breed of trumpeter or laugher, if it is a domestic breed. Otherwise, there are a lot of other species of pigeons/doves that people have captured and are now able to breed in captivity, which I wouldn't know much about the individual kinds.

Ringneck doves are often referred to as laughing doves, and of course the laugher pigeons also sound like they are laughing :p

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is not a dove for sure and it doesnt have foot feathers, clean legged, there seems to have a small crest but thats not clear from the orkut album. The guy who is supposed to have it is at a place called Pollachi, which is a full night journey by train from here :( May be our friend Sundar can help :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts