Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A club member told me he usually breeds better ybs from his race team. I was wondering if your race team produces more winners for you or does the breeders get the job done..

·
Registered
328 Posts
If the breeders produced the flyers than I say the breeders are more valuable or the flyers wouldn't be there in the first place.:)

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Where do you think breeders come from? I've always been told you put your best with your best, I don;t think they meant your best raised for stock birds. jmo
Dave

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not every racer are from your breeders. There are many factors. Factor 1) They can be from a young bird kit bought a couple of years back. 2) The breeders may be loaner birds that only bred a season for you and are no longer breeding for you, 3) They can be young birds that were given to you to race, and 4), 5), 6) etc, etc, etc...In this sport, there are many variations. Just because you have breeders does not necessarily mean they bred all your racers.

·
Registered
943 Posts
dont people race their birds just to make sure they are adding better birds to their breeding program ???
I have two youngsters here that everyone has told me not to fly them but to use them for breeding. I asked what about just letting them fly around the loft and not taking them out with the others, I was told NO.(don't take a chance on loosing them due to the cooper ect?) I sure would like to fly them to see what they will do!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
You've never raced them? Why would you want to use them as breeders what makes them so good?
Dave
I can see if someone pays big bucks for a young bird, 500 would be a lot for me to pay for one to fly, it would be a little bit for some but I can understand the reasoning behind it.. Even if the bird did good in racing it dont mean he or she will be a good breeder either?

·
Registered
943 Posts
LOL, paying big bucks im my mine dont make them good, just too expensive to loose hahahah I have always been told the best birds will be ones given to you from club members, who knows, I sure dont, I am pretty simple minded.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I've paid big bucks for bird but they don't get out. And I traded a riding lawn mower for bird that ended up being 600 mi day birds, they are on eggs now we'll see how they breed. I'm still going to fly them babies should be out of the nest by training.
Dave

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
A club member told me he usually breeds better ybs from his race team. I was wondering if your race team produces more winners for you or does the breeders get the job done..
I am curious as to where he got his members of his race team ? From other members of the race team or from his breeders ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts