Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had mine out for 3 weeks and they are routing for a 15 to 20 M1n. at a time. Is this about right? These are my very first birds ever, I am hoping by may to take them about a mile from the loft to a school parking lot. There are 11 weels old, trap trained, born at my loft, and they are homers.Thanks for your in put.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I think they will be in shape if you do let them loft fly at least three times a week... the thing you want is for them to be in shape to fly longer distances, I would say by May they would be in good shape to start your road training.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
A 4 month old pigeon is good for a 100 mile Race. GET BUSY train them. They should be routeing a mile or more from the loft now. Take them a mile-Hungry-find out if they are Homers.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Thanks I was wondering where it was and it must be nice to live in Florida in the warmer weather and pretty too I bet..thanks for the reply. c.hert

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thanks I was wondering where it was and it must be nice to live in Florida in the warmer weather and pretty too I bet..thanks for the reply. c.hert
It is lovely here this time of year, but it will soon be getting hot. The birds get access to lots of sunshine and swimming. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts