Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let my birds out this morning for loft flight they were out for about 1 hour they came back and i fed them, I went into the loft to change there water and when i was in there i noticed some yellow diarrhea there were about 3 or 4 of these poos, any ideas what is causing this!? please any info appreciated .

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Your best bet is to look and pay attention to the droppings in your loft from overnight.
Birds that are loft flown and birds that are coming in from a race will have "off' droppings for a little while. Within an hour or so of them settling down, things should go back to normal.
If you hadn't noticed any problems before, I don't expect there is one. Just continue to be observant. ;)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
When I had that problem for several days, I suspected paratyphoid or some E.coli bacteria. I gave them straight diluted very sour vinegar (1 tablespoon per quarter of gallon) for 3 days. That seemed to have cleared that up. Just wait for now and follow what Renee said.

·
Guardian Angel
6,859 Posts
What vaccinations have you given them? Keeping a close eye is a good suggestion.

fp

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Yeah! It was probably stress. LOL! It happens and pigeon poops vary in a given day or what they eat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts