Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pair of my OBs hatched out this little guy Sunday while I was gone. I went outside Monday morning and found him all fluffed out and on the floor looking confused. From that moment he decided I was his momma. He snuggles under my hand like chicks usually do in the mom's feathers. When I sat out in the grass with him, he followed my hands everywhere and got scared when he couldn't climb over my leg to get to it. If I peck at food, grass, or the ground with my finger, he pecks in the same spot to find something to eat. He also does the same when I peck at water. It's like a game of Simon Says, LOL.

Here he is yesterday shortly after I discovered him.

I LOVE THIS PICTURE. It's priceless :D

Now I'm waiting for my boyfriend to write me so I can get his address. He left for boot camp Sunday which is why I didn't notice the little chick right when he hatched. I was gone all day with Michael. Since it hatched out when he left, I decided to let him name it. It has a big fluffy head and a fearless attitude so I considered naming it Jarhead and calling it JarJar for short, LOL :D But I want Michael's opinions first. Besides, I have no clue what gender it is anyway! A Marines-esque name would be perfect for the occasion, haha.

This is going to be the longest 13 weeks of my life. Thankfully God gave me this little chicken to keep me entertained!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Great story- and surely a little gift from God to keep you company.
Such a cute picture!

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
OMGOODNESS!!!... so very cute!... Good luck to your boy friend..what a brave guy..and thank him for me for his service!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Could name him/her "Semper Fi" - Official Marine Corp Motto- Always Faithful

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was actually my first idea :) So it's on the list of options. Perhaps just Fidelis. He's a pretty loyal little guy. Won't let me leave without having a fit, LOL.

·
Registered
805 Posts
That was actually my first idea :) So it's on the list of options. Perhaps just Fidelis. He's a pretty loyal little guy. Won't let me leave without having a fit, LOL.
Awesome- Fidelis would be good for sure.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
His little flight feathers are starting to come in. Looks like he will be a buff columbian. Poorly marked more than likely, but that's all you can expect from my mixed flock of chickens :p I'm thinking he's gonna be pretty! I can't remember hatching a hen from my pigeons. They've all turned out to be roosters from what I can remember. Watch this one be the exception now that I've been calling it a he, LOL.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Chicken in the pigeon coop- no wonder he was so confused- and happy to find someone who wasn't lookin at him funny.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The chicken has a name!
Pidgey :)
I heard back from Michael and he suggested that since it did hatch out from under pigeons.
It's little wing feathers are coming in more and more. He's gonna be handsome! Or she. Still have no clue!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
How incredibly cute is that picture huh ???

I love it !!! :D

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I watch the vid of the chick and then the one of youur dad with the David Bradly. That was to cool, I have one of them and have never seen one work. Now I'm going to have to get some attachments.
Dave

·
Registered
22 Posts
What a precious baby! God I am such a sucker for a cute face :p
That chick does look pretty fearless lol.

Thanks to your BF for his service. My brother is in the Marines as well in NC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts