Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know you have it bad when.....this evening when I left the grocery store:

(in a Jeff Foxworthy voice).....When you're walking out of the local supermarket and you look down at the ground, see familiar bird droppings, look up and see a Rock Dove roosting on the overhead beam, you might be a Pigeon Lover.....

·
Registered
864 Posts
when u spend most of your time convincing people how beautiful they are, and everybody else think u crazy
when u walk down the street and keep your head up to see if u can spot a flock of pigons on the building
if everytime u walk by their nesting sites u look to see if some little chick fell out of the nest
if u walk downtown and pigeons is all u see :))))
then u might be a pigeon lover

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
You are a pigeon lover if:

You feed a small group of pigeons and consider them your flock!

You keep 4 pigeons in a 660 sq. ft. apartment

You talk to stranger pigeons while on a walk

You have a male pigeon who has chosen you as his mate...and you accepted!

:D :D :D :D

Love and Hugs
Shi

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
You might be a pigeon lover when....

(all of the above) and..... you hold up the traffic when you spot a pigeon in the road and make everyone wait while you get out to make sure it can fly off ok.

Crouch down and crawl across the floor so the Woodies feeding in the garden don't see you through the window as they will scatter at the slightest movement, and will go away hungry.

You abandon your full, (paid for food) in your shopping trolley to run to the car to get some seeds to feed the lone pigeon walking amongst the cars looking for food at Tescos.

You make sure the traffic lights are on red so you can stop and throw seeds out of the window for the pigeons huddled under the motorway bridge.

Always go shopping to town with pockets bulging with seeds to secretly drop when you pass a pigeon in the street.

Janet (Past recovery pigeon lover). :eek:

·
Registered
864 Posts
You are a pigeon lover if:

You feed a small group of pigeons and consider them your flock!

You keep 4 pigeons in a 660 sq. ft. apartment

You talk to stranger pigeons while on a walk

You have a male pigeon who has chosen you as his mate...and you accepted!

:D :D :D :D

Love and Hugs
Shi
that was cute

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
You might be a pigeon lover if you have one...

before you know it it is 6...

then you say no more...

then it jumps to 7,8,9,

I MIGHT HAVE 10 NOW.:eek:

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
You might be a pigeon lover if you have one...

before you know it it is 6...

then you say no more...

then it jumps to 7,8,9,

I MIGHT HAVE 10 NOW.:eek:

Could not have happened to a better PIGEON LOVER, Victor! (snicker, snicker) :D

Love and Hugs
Shi :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
You might be a pigeon lover when pigeon poop doesn't bother you anymore!! Somehow I went from ewwww to oh well...part of the charm!! Plus all of the above...great thread!

·
Registered
690 Posts
You don't pull the weeds in the garden all summer:rolleyes: BUT harvest, cut into 6 inch pieces and dry in the fall. So your breeders have something to carry and build there nests with.:) when the snow starts flying. :eek:

When your neighbors just want to burn all the falling pine needles, and you collect them in the shed for in the loft, in the winter, and nests too. :p

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
You know you have it bad when.....this evening when I left the grocery store:

(in a Jeff Foxworthy voice).....When you're walking out of the local supermarket and you look down at the ground, see familiar bird droppings, look up and see a Rock Dove roosting on the overhead beam, you might be a Pigeon Lover.....
you might be a pigeon lover when after you released your race birds on a training toss, and a cop pulls you over for speeding and you say....."I AM TRYING TO GET HOME BEFORE MY PIGEONS DO" ..GEORGE;)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
you might be a pigeon lover when after you released your race birds on a training toss, and a cop pulls you over for speeding and you say....."I AM TRYING TO GET HOME BEFORE MY PIGEONS DO" ..GEORGE;)
That is priceless George!! :D:D I'd love to have heard what the police officer radioed back to dispatch ;) Hope you got off with a warning.

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
You are a Pigeon lover when you drive hours to pick up one little feral that has been injured.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You're a pigeon lover if :

you spend more time in the loft than your own home.

have one or more of them inside your home.

sit for hours and stare at your birds.

watch them feed and how they act around each other afterwards.

When I finish my new loft, I'll have a chair/bench or seat in the loft so I can hide from the wife. LOL.....

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
If your friends complain because you aren't on myspace/facebook 24/7 like they are to talk to them, and you explain you are too busy discussing pigeon droppings on Pigeon-Talk, you might be a pigeon lover. LOL :D

·
Registered
864 Posts
awwwww wow , cant belive that really happens :) wow just wow

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.