Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i know i sound really dumb, but have you ever wondered why you sometimes see your females mounting your males??? i saw this today after driving home from work (yea, im sure of their genders) and i was completely shocked.
you see, this female HAS LAID EGGS. what was she doing?
then the male shook her off and started cooing. has this happened to any of you other pigeon folks?

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Yes, I have a few couples that do this, but not when the hens are in nesting mode. The male will mount the hen and then the male squats down and she just responds.

These are couples that have been together awhile, and I'm guessing they are just very comfortable with each other and anticipate each others moves.

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Some of mine do that too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine do too! I always thought it was a hirachy thing?! Like female rabbits mounting each other. Maybe I'm wrong and Lostflight's hit the nail on the head and they just want to spice it up! LOL! :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes, I've observed such behaviors...lol. I guess birds have many ways of doing it, probably works the same because all they have to do is connect there cocola things. Ha ha, I have also only noticed it with my more dominate hens, because not all my hens do that only certain ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.