Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to homing pigeons and I have a handful of youngsters that would rather just stay inside the loft without going outside... What do I do about those to get them routing?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi, are there a lot of hawks around your loft???? have they been out be for??? if there are no hawks around just chase them all out of the loft get a stick with a white tee shirt on it and chase them up. Beachwood

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, are there a lot of hawks around your loft???? have they been out be for??? if there are no hawks around just chase them all out of the loft get a stick with a white tee shirt on it and chase them up. Beachwood
Yes there are hawks that are around. But the birds have never left the loft.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Pick them up and put them on the landing board. I always teach them to go through the bobs several times. I them set them out and walk away. do not disturb them when out. Sometimes they will stay out for 3-4 days but if nothing bothers them they will come in, usually .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pick them up and put them on the landing board. I always teach them to go through the bobs several times. I them set them out and walk away. do not disturb them when out. Sometimes they will stay out for 3-4 days but if nothing bothers them they will come in, usually .
Ok will try that.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi ,forget what i said in my post do what wildcat said to do, you know what you need is a training cage, you can make one yourself with some chickin wire and a few furring strips or if you have a dog cage, put the birds in the dog cage on top of the landing board so they can see what is around them and the hawks cant get to them but they still can get back in the loft after 4 or 5 days you can let them out like wildcat said do not chase them up just leave them alone, when you do let them out make sure they are hungry do not feed them be for you let them out, food is the control you have always shake the feed can when you feed them and they will know the shaking of the can means they will get food, if you have a real hawk problem let me know and i will give you some tips to keep the hawks away. Beachwood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts