Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to get my hands on large number of young homers. I’m not necessarily looking to buy champion racing birds. It’s for a school project I’m doing with some students.
I need to get them as soon as possible and I’m willing to pay shipping from anywhere in the continental U.S.

thanks!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I could supply you with 4 birds if these two babies survive the cold weather. It would be a almond hen,blue check hen and two nest mates. I can do all 4 birds for $140 shipped.
PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
You should get in touch with local clubs, I'm sure if it is for a school project they would be willing to help. Or maybe even send an email to the AU, American Racing Pigeon Union.
Dave

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
I’m trying to get my hands on large number of young homers. I’m not necessarily looking to buy champion racing birds. It’s for a school project I’m doing with some students.
I need to get them as soon as possible and I’m willing to pay shipping from anywhere in the continental U.S.

thanks!!
Could you please be a little more specific about this project. Do you have the loft facilities for a 'large number' and what do you have planned for the birds once your project is completed?

No offense, but someone we know nothing about registering to ask for a lot of birds is not particularly usual.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Be careful

Be careful guys with posts on here. I just rescued a bird from the Humane Society who was sold to a guy who did not want to retrieve his bird when it arrived at the center even though it was close by. Some people are not really pigeon enthusiasts. They use them for dog training; school experiments; and other nefarious reasons. When I got there today the guy who was working at the Humane Society says his dad usually takes the birds because he was a pigeon fancier LOL. I got the 3rd Degree today when I got this bird. It is a really tame bird so I hope he keeps with my other bachelor that is pretty tame as well. I like though that the worker did his job. Be careful with new people who do not really say what they want their birds for, because even though you may want to get rid of some birds the way in which you do so is very important. :mad:

·
Registered
186 Posts
PS a few years back

some birds that another fancier gave to a student for a 4H project ended up on craigslist for free to anyone who wanted to take the bird.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your replies. I completely understand and appreciate the concern for the pigeons in the long term. Though I am based in Brooklyn, I am working with a project in Florida, and that's where the birds would be shipped. I'm sorry to have been dormant here. My project was postponed. The birds will live in a coop with plenty of room and will be cared for now and beyond the project, by pigeon enthusiasts. Also, 'a large number' is only about 30.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts