Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my new rescue Broly has gotten really aggressive really fast. I’m almost 100% sure he is male cause he is a lot different than my female bird( more aggressive, HUGE in size, deeper coo, different behaviors and sounds). I’m not sure how old he is but I do think he is younger. I know for a fact he was born in 2021 and only was flown in one race in which he got lost and ended up with me. I saw on his anklet (he was a racing pigeon). He has started making these angry groaning/ growling noises and does them pretty constant. I’m not sure if this is like the equivalent of a baby crying cause he doesn’t get his way? I don’t know. But it’s been really frustrating as he lives with me in my room right now. My other pigeon lives in an outdoor cage but I can’t put him with her cause they are not paired. I am planning on getting her a cage for indoors and putting them side by side for a while and see if they get friendly. I guess I will have to let them out at separate times? First when they met they were shy and just looking at eachother. Then Clancy started chasing and trying to fight him. And now he is starting fights with her! But they get bad I have to break them apart, as she is a very aggressive female as well. I know she is for sure female cause she is DNA tested and has laid eggs. He is making the noise every time I have to put him in his cage for whatever reason, if it’s bed time, if I’m leaving the house, sometimes in the middle of the night randomly if he wakes up, and in the morning when he wants to come out. But I wait until he stops doing it for a while then I let him out so he might learn. But also he just does it at random times for no particular reason I know of. It’s really getting to me I’m not sure what to do. Is he just in a grumpy teenager phase? Other times he is super chill and he sits on his perch and acts all cute. And he also seems to be calm when I hold him(that’s the only time he likes me to pet him)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Male pigeons will get very aggressive when driving there mate, or even towards other birds.
They all have different personalities.
It sounds like normal behavior to me, I don't see any problem.

Good Luck

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
He is calling for a female. You need to take things slowly. When you get the cages, let him out while she stays in her cage. She is used to having the whole area to herself and he is now the intruder. She needs to get used to having him around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts