Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I recently posted about another pigeon who had suppected pmv now am racing to type this I've just caught a young pigeon I will add photos I've warmed him/her up the pigeon is so skinny Im going to have to try get a seed that seems to be stuck just looked it seems the little guy has canker what can I do for him I can't keep him in the house because my cat she roams the full house I could keep him/her out in the shed but it seems to cold out there and I live in flats so I can't put a heat lamp in it any ideas help please

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please someone help I'm standing here crying like a baby panicking about this little guy what am going to do how do I take care ov him everything is racing through my mind I've got so much going on in my own life I can't be worrying about something else but I want to help him so much he's so beautiful

·
Registered
167 Posts
Where abouts do you live in the UK? It’s hard to tell what you’re seeing from that second picture. For now maybe you could keep the pigeon in the bathroom to protect from your cat? Or if you have a cat carrier, that would be fine too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where abouts do you live in the UK? It’s hard to tell what you’re seeing from that second picture. For now maybe you could keep the pigeon in the bathroom to protect from your cat? Or if you have a cat carrier, that would be fine too.
I live in Scotland he is currently in the bathroom in a cardboard box nice and warm I contacted this little old man who runs a wildlife rehabilitation centre but it's an hours drive from me so I've managed to sort out a lift I spoke with the old man for at least an hour he said it sounds like canker when I bring him up he will check to make sure there is enough room and get him started on medication which is good and I can stay while he sees if its treatable he said his goal is to try get all the wildlife that comes into his and his wife's care back to health and free again which melted my heart I was crying and everything on the phone to him they are open till 10 tonight so let's hope these wee old couple can help him they have treated pigeons before with all sorts of things wrong with them but this is the furthest someone has travelled to them with a pigeon and it makes him believe there is still good in this world

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Scotland he is currently in the bathroom in a cardboard box nice and warm I contacted this little old man who runs a wildlife rehabilitation centre but it's an hours drive from me so I've managed to sort out a lift I spoke with the old man for at least an hour he said it sounds like canker when I bring him up he will check to make sure there is enough room and get him started on medication which is good and I can stay while he sees if its treatable he said his goal is to try get all the wildlife that comes into his and his wife's care back to health and free again which melted my heart I was crying and everything on the phone to him they are open till 10 tonight so let's hope these wee old couple can help him they have treated pigeons before with all sorts of things wrong with them but this is the furthest someone has travelled to them with a pigeon and it makes him believe there is still good in this world
The second picture he has his tongue hanging out of the side of his mouth

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’s good news! Let us know when he’s safe and sound! Glad you helped him
He's now safe with the wee old man at Hessilhead Wildlife centre I've to call back on Sunday to see how he is doing and hopefully they will release him at their nature reserve. The old man was all so very helpful and so nice he had jackdaws pigeons the lot there was a wee jackdaws with one leg and he seemed to be coping with feeding himself the lot it's amazing what this wee old guy is doing

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you put down water for him? Get him hydrated, they get very thirsty when they have canker.
Yeah I got him to drink quite a bit last night an hour before our 1 hour travel to the wildlife centre but he's in amazing hands now at least someone is willing to try help him instead of putting him down straight away. he is so beautiful his big brown eyes his tiny little beak ahhhhh he was sooooo cute but I'm glad he is getting the help he needs

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey everyone little update on little Mr pidge sadly passed away peacefully with all the help and love he was gave he will truly be missed especially from me as he was a little beauty and deserved to over come this but I think by the time he was rescued the damage was already to far gone and the team at Hessilhead did an amazing job and I truly thank them for given the little guy a fighting chance and helping as much as they could where other people would just give up and I thank you all for your help ❤🕊 r.i.p little guy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's still hurts that nothing could have been done hopefully he is free of pain now and happy where ever he may be but thank you marina and joe (hopefully I got that right lol) for taking the time and replying to my post when I needed help I'm going to learn from these experiences and try and collect the medication over a period ov time to deal with any other situations that may happen at least I will be prepared to treat them there and then and I know I can count on this forum and the people on it for help ❤ thanks again x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please someone help I'm standing here crying like a baby panicking about this little guy what am going to do how do I take care ov him everything is racing through my mind I've got so much going on in my own life I can't be worrying about something else but I want to help him so much he's so beautiful
Please get baby to a bird rehab. It may be the T disease cannot recall the word. This is infection in throat so burden is in shock of this is the case. It is result of weather change, pest infection. They spit food out cannot swallow. Please hurry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please get baby to a bird rehab. It may be the T disease cannot recall the word. This is infection in throat so burden is in shock of this is the case. It is result of weather change, pest infection. They spit food out cannot swallow. Please hurry.
Bird not burden

·
Registered
167 Posts
The bird was taken to a rehab, and sadly passed away.

(Definitely worth reading a full thread before responding to the first post 🥰)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi I had travelled for an hour away with the baby to a wildlife centre ran by a sweet old man he said the little guy had canker you could actually see it in its throat and mouth to the point it was pushing his tongue out to the side of his beak and we all tried our best to help him he was getting better then passed away suddenly

1 - 18 of 18 Posts